Open Call to Curate - February 2018
Abigail Ogilvy Gallery is currently accepting proposals for a February exhibition. The gallery is seeking innovative proposals from artists, curators and collectives. Proposals for both 2- and 3- dimensional media for solo and/or group shows are welcomed.
- Proposals must be conceptually rigorous and focus on artists, projects, and themes that are innovative and engaging.
- Extra consideration will be given to proposals that clearly demonstrate a unique and creative approach to the exhibition plan, as well as those that present ideas or topics that are not well-represented.
- The curator and proposed artists can be of any nationality, but must currently reside in the United States.
- The curator must be present for install and de-install.
REQUIREMENTS: To apply, submit the following information below. All images and gallery mock up must be received via Dropbox or Google Drive link. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please submit your proposals by December 15, 2017.
- Up to 10 images (max.) of work that will be in the show.
- Please include artist, title, medium, dimensions, date completed
- Description of proposed exhibition, 500 words or less
- Gallery Mockup: you may submit a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 5 gallery mockups (download Gallery Floor plan)
- Artist(s) Bio
Install: January 30 & 31 (more time can be allotted if necessary)
Exhibition Dates: February 1 – 25
De-install: February 26 & 27
Non-refundable Application Fee: $105
All submissions are considered final. Abigail Ogilvy Gallery takes a 30% commission on works sold in this exhibition. The curator is responsible for all shipping logistics and costs.